LIU is pleased to introduce your new and improved Alumni benefits program. As part of our alumni community, you are eligible for discounts on entertainment, dining, travel, transportation, shopping, financial services, insurance, and more.
NEW! All LIU Alumni are eligible for a free lifetime email address (@alumni.liu.edu) and free Microsoft 365 services. Please contact Samantha Amazan at Samantha.Amazan@liu.edu or call 718-780-6562.
With your alumni email you can receive a discounted rate subscription to the NY Times! To use your alumni email to subscribe, please click here.
NY Times Educational Rate is for first time subscriptions only.
FAQs and Forms
Below is a list of just some of the benefits and access available to the Alumni community designed to keep alumni connected to one another:
Learning Opportunities *
Pay it Forward
- Graduate Alumni Award: Graduates with a 3.0 GPA or higher who want to pursue their first master’s degree are eligible for scholarship support each semester pending GPA and enrollment requirements.
- Continuing Education: For many events and programs, LIU alumni receive free or reduced prices at the LIU Post School of Continuing and Professional Education. Download the Spring 2015 Catalog. (Some programs excluded from discount. Call 516-299-2263 for details)
- Graduate Admission Preparedness Program (GAPP) is a program for alumni who have their degrees for two years or longer to register for a lifetime maximum of 12 credits in credit-bearing undergraduate courses.
- Lifetime of Learning is a program for alumni, which enable graduates to audit courses for pleasure and enrichment.
- Legacy Alumni Scholarship: Children or siblings of alumni are eligible for a legacy alumni scholarship award pending GPA and enrollment requirements.
For more information about this benefit, please contact the Alumni offices at (516) 299-2263 or (718) 780-6562.
- Summer Camp: Enjoy a one-time 15 percent discount at LIU Post Youth Camps and the Children’s Academy at LIU Brooklyn.
Retail Discounts **
- Health Clubs: alumni receive a discounted $345 membership fee to join the Pratt Recreation Center at LIU Post and the Wellness Recreation and Athletic Center (WRAC) at LIU Brooklyn.
- Library Resources: alumni receive access to LIU’s large and diverse university libraries and computer labs at LIU Post and LIU Brooklyn.
- Bookstore: Alumni receive 10% discount in store on select items. Individuals who sign up for e-mail correspondence receive a 25% discount at their initial sign up followed by other special offers.
- Career Services: LIU Brooklyn Alumni are eligible for a free mini career counseling session and resume evaluation with a career services staff member on campus. Please contact the Office of Alumni Relations at 718-780-6562 to make an appointment or for more information.
- GEICO: LIU alumni could receive a special discount on GEICO auto insurance. Visit geico.com/alum/liu, call 1-800-368-2734 or stop by a local GEICO office to find out how much you could save today!
- Bloomberg Businessweek: save up to 90 percent off your subscription, visit businessweek.com/subscribe. Use code: LIU.
- Discovery Times Square: save $5 on adult/senior tickets and $2 on child tickets at Discovery Times Square in NY.
- Kaplan Test Prep: save 10 percent on Kaplan Test Prep Courses including the GRE, GMAT, LSAT and MCAT. Use discount code: LIUAlumni10.
- PerksConnect: Join our LIU PerksConnect program for incredible online and mobile discounts to your favorite national and local retailers, click here
To receive the LIU Alumni discount, please contact the hotel directly and mention you are an LIU Alumni. You will need a show your ID upon check-in.
- Marriott - $20 off rates
333 Adams Street Brooklyn, NY 11201
- Hotel Indigo- 15% off rates
229 Duffield Street Brooklyn, New York 11201
- Hotel Le Jolie- 10% off rates
235 Meeker Ave. Brooklyn, NY.11211
- Le Bleu- 10% off rates
370 4th Ave.,
The Inn at Fox Hollow Hotel
7755 Jericho Turnpike, Woodbury, NY 11797
Discount Code: CPWFH
Holiday Inn Westbury
369 Old Country Road, Carle Place, NY, 11514
* LIU reserves the right to remove, modify or decline these privileges and offerings at any time without notice.
** Retail Discounts and savings are issued directly by the named provider/retailer and are subject to the individual retailers’ rules and criteria. Offers may vary by state. To the extent that an Alumnus is deemed ineligible for any of the above described discounts, LIU is not responsible.
*** LIU neither endorses, guarantees nor warrants any of the discounts, goods or services which the above vendors may provide. All transactions are between alumni and the vendor, including the price, financing terms, delivery arrangements, quality of goods and services, and warranties. Discounts are non-transferable and are at the discretion the issuer of the discounted offer. Alumni should verify that the discount is still in place with the vendor prior to making a purchase or entering into a contract, and should make sure that they understand all terms and conditions of the discount.