Internships & Service Learning
Students have participated in a variety of internships and service learning projects while studying in Australia. Some of these experiences included working with:
1. Organizations involved with young (and potentially vulnerable) teenagers in self -awareness and esteem building programs. The programs focused on creating stimulating and interesting outdoor activities.
2. Bay FM Community Radio – covering a range of programming, Bay FM highlights the multi-cultural sensibility and green focus of the Northern Rivers area
3. Naturopathic and Holistic Healing /Therapies
4. Various sustainability-oriented businesses within the Byron Shire: sustainable futures, alternative energy systems, flow forms / waste water, composting / worm farming, organic gardening / organic farmer's market
5. Local land care groups focused on regeneration and rehabilitation of landscape – including both hinterland (rainforest ecosystems) and dune care (coastal ecosystems).
6. Arakwal National Park – connect to coastal and marine systems in conjunction with the traditional indigenous people who manage this reserve.