Internships & Service Learning
During each fall and spring semester in the Asia-Pacific program students may have the opportunity to participate in short-term voluntary internship and service learning projects. The following list provides a sample of potential opportunities and is subject to change.
- Care for injured sea turtles and wild birds at the Australia Seabird Rescue project near Byron Bay, Australia.
- Learn aboriginal techniques for conserving coastal and marine ecosystems while volunteering at the Arakwal National Park in Australia.
- Try out your journalism skills reporting on-air radio stories on local community issues and events for Bay FM, Byron Bay’s local radio station.
- Teach English at EMPOWER, a local sex worker rights organization in Chiang Mai, Thailand.
- Plant and harvest vegetables and learn to make organic fertilizer at Buddhist monastery along the Thai-Myanmar border.