Application for admission to LIU Global may be submitted online, by using the Common Application (search for Long Island University Brooklyn Campus and choose Global Studies major on the supplemental form) for freshman, the online application for transfer and visiting students or by downloading a copy of the paper application and mailing it to the Office of Admissions. If you apply online, we will waive the $40 application fee.
Freshman who use the Common Application must also submit the scholarship application to be considered for all university awarded merit based scholarships.
Tips on Completing the Common Application
- Create an account on the Common Application website
- Create a profile
- Search for Long Island University Brooklyn Campus (you will choose the Global Studies major on the supplemental form)
- Complete all fields on the application and hit "SUBMIT"
- Complete the supplemental application (also available on the Common App site)
- Send a $40 check or money order made payable to Long Island University
- Ask two teachers (or one teacher and someone else who knows you well who is not a relative) to complete the teacher evaluation form
- Submit the Scholarship Application found on the LIU Global website. If you do not complete this scholarship, you will not be considered for merit scholarships!
Send payment and recommendations to:
LIU Global/Admissions Office
9 Hanover Place, 4th Floor
Brooklyn, NY 11201