All international applicants must submit the application and supplemental documents by May 1 for a September admission or October 1 for a January admission.
- Completed Application Form - use our on line form or hard copy
- Application Fee (hard copy only) - $50 check; non-refundable
- Essay - 250-500 words; choose from 3 topics on the application form
- Two Letters of Recommendation - one must be from a teacher who knows you well
- Official Transcript(s) - Translated; showing all secondary and/or university work* completed or in progress, including G.C.E. or Matriculation examination. To be considered official, a mark sheet, transcript or degree certificate must bear the school seal or signature of the school’s Registrar. A photocopy is official only if it has been certified by a school office from the original issuing institution, the U.S. Embassy or Consulate, or your own Embassy or Consulate after the photocopy is made. We do not accept notarized copies.
- TOEFL - LIU Global requires an official score report for applicants whose native language is not English. The minimum acceptable score is at least 90 internet-based. Our TOEFL School code is 2248.
- IELTS - The minimum acceptable score is a B.
LIU Global is a program in which students are required to study outside their home countries, therefore all LIU Global students are, at some point, international students. Non-U.S. students need to be aware of visa requirements in obtaining permission to study in various countries. Not all country visas may be obtainable by students from certain countries. Non U.S. students should discuss their interests and intentions thoroughly with their LIU Global admissions counselor.
*International Transfer Students Only
Transfer students who were educated at foreign educational institution must provide evaluations of educational credentials and course reports.
World Education Services
P.O. Box 745, Old Chelsea Station
New York, New York 10113-0745
Center for Educational Documentation
P.O. Box 170116
Boston, Massachusetts 02117
Office of International Educational Services
One Dupont Circle, N.W., Suite 520, Washington D.C.
Please submit the completed application and supplemental materials to:
Office of Admissions
One University Plaza
Brooklyn, NY 11201