Forms, Records, and Policies

Forms, Records, and Policies




Application Information
For more information, as well as application for admission, please click here.

Health Forms

Deadlines to submit Health Forms: July 1 for Fall enrollment / November 1 for Spring enrollment

Health Insurance Information

For details on student health insurance, please visit

*Note: If you waive the University’s Student Health Insurance Plan, you will automatically be enrolled in a supplementary study abroad plan provided by AXIS, even if your plan covers overseas medical and emergency evacuation. The current cost of this plan is $1.42/day. See the table below for the full cost per semester at each location.


Fall 2016

Spring 2017

Number of Days x $1.42 Fall/Spring

Total Cost Fall

Total Cost Spring

Total Cost Fall - Spring



January 28 – May 14






August 23 – December 5

January 18 – May 5





Costa Rica

August 31 – December 9

January 14 – May 5





Asia Pacific

September 9 – December 18







August 22 – December 10

January 16 – April 29





Certification of Enrollment/Degree

Current and past students can request a letter verifying their enrollment to be used for a variety of purposes, including visa applications, insurance verifications, and loan deferment. The letter certifies the semesters in which a student is or has been enrolled; the dates of those semesters; and the student’s enrollment status (full-time, half-time or less than half-time). Only past and present semesters can be certified. Contact Carlett Thomas directly at In the body of the email, please include the mailing address or fax number where the letter should be sent.

Graduates can request a letter verifying their status as a degree holder. The letter certifies that the student has completed the course work necessary to be granted their Bachelor of Arts degree and the degree date. Contact Carlett Thomas directly at In the body of the email, please include the mailing address or fax number where the letter should be sent.


LIU Global students (2012 – onwards)
Global College students (2007 – 2012)
Friends World Program students, Brooklyn (Fall 2005 – 2007)
Friends World Program students, Southampton (1991 – Spring 2005)
Friends World College students (1968 – 1990)
Friends World Institute students (1965 – 1968)

To order a transcript by mail:

1. Print and mail the Transcript Request Form.
2. Enclose a check or money order in the amount of $15.00 for each transcript payable to Long Island University.
3. Mail to: LIU Global, 1 University Plaza, Brooklyn, NY 11201 Attn: Transcript Request


To order a transcript online:

1. Email BEFORE you order your transcript and indicate if you are requesting a GPA letter and narrative evaluations. This is very important, as you may need to upload attachments when you order your transcript online.
2. Click on Office of the Registrar and follow the instructions there.
3. Processing may take longer than the normal turn-around time.

Transfer of Credits

At the time of admission to LIU Global, students are required to disclose any college or university attended prior to LIU Global. This includes Advanced Placed, International Baccalaureate, and Post Secondary credits earned while in High School. Official transcripts should be mailed directly to: LIU Admissions, Attn: Sarah Smith, 1 University Plaza, Brooklyn, NY 11201.

To receive a degree from LIU Global, a student must complete their last 32.00 credits (senior year) consecutively at Long Island University.

Leave of Absence

Global Studies B.A. students are permitted to take a leave of absence up to one semester and return to their existing program. If students take a leave of absence longer than one semester, they must re-apply for admission to the currently offered academic program.

Students must review the policy and fill out the Leave of Absence form. The completed form must be emailed to Students on a leave of absence will be contacted to register for the semester they are due to return.

LIU Global will not approve any credits earned at another institution while on a leave of absence.

Transient Student Form

Continuing students may gain approval to transfer in courses taken at another institution during a summer or winter session through the Dean’s Office by submitting the Transient Student Form. The form must be emailed to Prior to submitting this form, you must confirm that the institution is regionally accredited. You can do so by checking with the school’s Admissions and/or Registrar’s Office. Also see Examples of Regional Accreditation

Withdrawal Form

Students must complete this form and submit it to Enrollment Services with a copy to