B.A. in Economics
In an increasingly interconnected world, where commerce, employment, banking, investing, currencies and trade affect everyone, an education in economics is more important than ever. Economists grapple with some of the most pressing issues facing society, including globalization and standards of living in the developing world, the impact of public policy on the economy and the balance between environmental goals and economic growth. The 129-credit Bachelor of Arts degree program in Economics is a comprehensive examination of the economies of the United States and the world, led by distinguished professors with backgrounds in a diverse range of economics disciplines.
Graduates of the B.A. in Economics at LIU Post can aspire to careers as lawyers specializing in corporate laws and regulations; industry and financial analysts; policy analysts working for governments and non-governmental organizations; aid workers helping poor countries improve their economies, and diplomats specializing in the relationship between industry and government, to name just a few.
- To provide a thorough understanding of the forces that shape the American and world economies
- To empower graduates to use their talents and knowledge to work for economic growth and prosperity, at home and abroad
- To provide students with the education, credentials and internship opportunities that will help them establish meaningful careers
Qualities That Set Our Program Apart
- Faculty with expertise in world economies, including specialists in Europe, Japan, India and east Africa
- Personalized education in small classes, allowing for close interaction with faculty and fellow students
- Professors who are actively engaged in cutting-edge research and scholarly publication on today’s economic issues