B.A. in French
The 129-credit Bachelor of Arts program in French will enable you to communicate fluently in French and prepare you for the many careers in which speaking French is required. Our curriculum encompasses French literature, grammar, history and culture. Courses in composition will hone your fluency in written French, while courses in the culture and civilization of France will explore its social, political, philosophic and aesthetic history. Intriguing electives in such subjects as French theater, poetry and prose literature provide flexibility in planning your course of study.
French majors have a world of career options available upon graduating. Business, schools, health care, government agencies, the media, the financial sector and the travel and tourism industry have an ongoing need for people who are fluent in French.
The Bachelor of Arts degree is excellent preparation for study of French at the graduate level, and an undergraduate degree in French paired with a graduate degree in such areas as business or public administration, medicine or law is a powerful credential with unlimited career potential.
Diploma Recognition for Foreign Language Study
Students who graduate from the Bachelor of Arts program in French at LIU Post receive special recognition for acquiring skills in this language. Those who earn an overall grade of C or higher in all coursework will receive a special certificate and a permanent notation on their diploma and transcript that reads “Citation of Achievement in a Foreign Language.”
- To teach students to become fluent in speaking, reading and writing French
- To introduce students to French culture through its literature and history
- To prepare students for rewarding careers in the many fields where fluency in French is essential
Qualities That Set Our Program Apart
- Faculty educated at top-rated colleges and universities with diverse specialties and interests, dedicated to student success
- A wide selection of required and elective courses and a comprehensive liberal arts core curriculum
- Small classes and strong academic advisement