B.S. in Mathematics and Physics
An innovative program that draws on two LIU Post academic departments, the Bachelor of Science degree in Mathematics and Physics provides a sound preparation for graduate work in engineering, physics or applied mathematics. It also provides excellent preparation for a career in actuarial science and for rewarding positions in many other fields, and has proven valuable for gaining admission to medical or dental schools. Academically rigorous courses taught in small-class settings by professors with degrees from premier universities make the B.S. in Mathematics and Physics a program of extraordinary quality and value. The program requires 129 credits.
Students in the B.S. in Mathematics and Physics may qualify to participate in the Pre-Engineering Program. This program enables students to earn two bachelor’s degrees in just five years: the B.S. in Mathematics and Physics from LIU Post and a bachelor’s degree in engineering from a university with which LIU Post has an articulation agreement, such as Polytechnic University, Stevens Institute of Technology, and Arizona State University.
- To provide students with comprehensive knowledge of the related disciplines of mathematics and physics
- To establish a foundation for further study in engineering, mathematics, medicine, law or other fields
- To graduate students qualified for rewarding positions in such fields as actuarial science, engineering, industry and education
Qualities That Set Our Program Apart
- A unique synthesis of two academic disciplines, mathematics and physics, into a comprehensive whole with a wide range or academic and professional options
- Professors with doctoral degrees from top universities and expertise in diverse aspects of mathematics and physics
- Small classes, close interaction with faculty and an array of student support services Advice on careers or graduate study and access to an established network of employers and educational institutions