B.S./M.S in Accountancy
The School of Professional Accountancy offers an accelerated program for qualified students to earn both a Bachelor of Science and a Master of Science in Accountancy. This 153-credit program allows the student to obtain both degrees in five years. The student selects this combined program in the fall semester of his or her senior year but may declare interest at any time. All criteria for admission into the graduate degree program must be met before graduate courses can be taken.
The B.S./M.S. in Accountancy is registered by the New York State Education Department as a 150-hour CPA licensure-qualifying program and qualifies toward a one-year reduction of the work experience requirement. Generally, a participant in this program is an undergraduate accounting major at C.W. Post. He or she may choose an accelerated track in his or her senior year. All eligibility requirements for admission to the graduate degree program must be satisfied.
Students in this program have a choice of a concentration in Professional Accountancy or Taxation.
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding beyond the core accounting fundamentals
- Demonstrate ability to analyze, synthesize, and apply accounting issues in domestic and international settings
- Demonstrate effective oral and written communication skills through case analyses, simulations ,and projects
- Use information technology for decision making and problem solving in business
- Identify and apply regulatory requirements in business and accounting environments
- Demonstrate ability to work effectively in teams