B.S. in Accountancy
The 129-credit Bachelor of Science in Accountancy is ideal preparation for a career in the fields of accountancy, taxation and business services. Professors with extensive professional experience and top academic credentials lead small classes, interacting closely with students.
Students have opportunities for internships at the Big Four accounting firms, as well as mid-sized and small firms. In addition, the LIU Post Accounting Society and the Kappa Omicron Chapter of Beta Alpha Psi bring together practicing accounting professionals and accounting majors through formal and informal events throughout the year. It is common for students in the program to have offers of full-time employment even before graduating. Alumni of this program can be found in positions of leadership at major New York-based accounting and business services firms.
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of core accounting concepts
- Demonstrate ability to apply core accounting fundamentals
- Demonstrate oral and written communication skills
- Use information technology for decision making and problem solving in business
- Understand professional responsibilities and methods for identifying and addressing ethical issues in business and accounting
- Understand the global nature of today’s accounting and business environment
- Demonstrate effective collaborative skills