Online FLES Course (Foreign Language in Elementary Schools) Leading to NYS FLES Extension Jul5-Aug16
07/05/2016 - 08/16/2016, Online FLES Course (Foreign Language in Elementary Schools) Leading to NYS FLES Extension Jul5-Aug16LIU Hudson at Westchester, 735 Anderson Hill Road, Purchase, NY 10577, Hudson, 4:30 - 7:30 PM
Online FLES Course (Foreign Language in Elementary Schools) Leading to NYS FLES Extension
A very special language education course which will be offered
ONLINE during the SUMMER II semester
Tuesdays and Thursdays ● 4:30 – 7:30pm
July 5 - August 16, 2016
TED 569 – Teaching Languages Other than English in Childhood: This course focuses on teaching languages other than English in grades 1-6. The course examines curriculum development, formal and informal assessment techniques and research validated instructional strategies for teaching languages to children within the full range of abilities. Course participants explore approaches to the teaching of listening, speaking, reading, writing and communicating in a new language. Students learn to incorporate interventions for remediation and enrichment as well as the uses of technology to enhance teaching and learning. (3 credits)
After completion of this course, you will be eligible to apply to NYSED for the LOTE Extension.
This course is intended for currently certified LOTE teachers anywhere in NY State, who would like the extension for Grades 1-6 in the language of their certification.
- Tuition: 45% discounted tuition from the 2015-16 regular graduate tuition rate of $1,155 per credit.
Registration Fee: $125.
- Deposit of $200 required by June 20 to reserve your seat.
- Technology: Classes meet in a virtual classroom accessed through a weblink from any location where there is Internet service. You will need to obtain and use an LIU email account to access the classroom and participate in the e-learning platform.
- Equipment required: Headset (earbuds and mic) and webcam. All classes are recorded for subsequent reference and review and/or in cases of missed or partially missed sessions (paper required).
- Instructor: Professor Sidonie Schneider, New Rochelle City School District.
- To register: Simply fill out the Application for Non-Degree (page 3).
- Under “area of interest” enter FLES and return it to the Admissions Department with your deposit of $200 by June 20: LIU Hudson Admissions, 735 Anderson Hill Road, Purchase, NY 10577, Attention: Roseann Isaac or email the application to email@example.com.
LIU Hudson at Westchester ● 735 Anderson Hill Road ● Purchase, NY 10577 ● www.liu.edu/hudson
Return to Calendar