152 Students to Receive Advanced Degrees from Rockland Graduate Campus of Long Island University on May 22
Commencement address to be delivered by Ellen Jaffee, New York Assemblywoman from the 95th District
Hudson Graduate Center at Rockland,
Long Island University
Orangeburg, N.Y. – One hundred and fifty two graduate students will march to the sounds of “Pomp and Circumstance” at the 21 st annual commencement exercises of the Rockland Graduate Campus of Long Island University on Thursday, May 22, 2008 at 7 p.m. The commencement address will be delivered by Ellen Jaffee, assemblywoman for the New York 95th Legislative District. The invocation will be led by Rev. Susan Fortunato, pastor of St. Stephen's Episcopal Church in Pearl River.
Of the 152 graduates, the following students will be honored for outstanding academic achievements:
- Business Administration Achievement Award: Robert A. Fishbein, Park Ridge, NJ
- Health Administration Achievement Award: Corey Ann Esposito, Milton, DE
- Adolescence Education Achievement Award: Liudmila Rothstein, New City, NY
- Childhood Education Achievement Award: Patricia Gibson, Central Valley, NY
- Childhood Education/Literacy Achievement Award: Erin Leigh Casey, Blauvelt, NY
- Childhood Education/Special Education Achievement Award: Mary Maloney, West Nyack, NY
- Literacy Achievement Award: Jennifer R. Kilb, New City, NY
- Special Education Achievement Award: Karen A. Sperduto, Valley Cottage, NY
- School Counseling Achievement Award: Rosemary B. McKenna, Pearl River, NY
- Mental Health Counseling Achievement Award: Melinda Massey, Pearl River, NY
- Educational Administration Achievement Award: Lisa CastaldoGreen, Garnerville, NY
- Pharmacy Achievement Award: Sumita Gupta, Blauvelt, NY
The Rockland Graduate Campus, an independent, co-educational, graduate institution of higher learning, has awarded more than 3,000 degrees in its 28-year history. The Rockland Graduate Campus is a campus of Long Island University, which educates approximately 24,000 students in Brooklyn, Brookville (C.W. Post Campus), Riverhead, Orangeburg (Rockland Graduate Campus), Brentwood and Westchester.
The Rockland Graduate Campus is recognized as Rockland County 's premier provider of master's degree programs for adults, with course offerings in business administration, teacher education, pharmacy, health administration, public administration, gerontology, mental health counseling, school counseling and school leadership. Courses are offered in the late afternoons, evenings and on weekends to afford working students an opportunity to balance their educational objectives with family and business demands.
For more information visit www.liu.edu/rockland or call (845) 359-7200, extension 5414.
Return to Press Releases