Minimum of 60 graduate credits including course work, practica, and internship. Students seeking the bilingual extension complete 66 credits.
A graduate G.P.A. of 3.25 or better
Demonstration of competence in assessment techniques as indicated by grades of 3.5 or better in these courses.
Individuals seeking to complete only NYSED's certification internship requirement through LIU must:
- Meet the admissions requirements listed
- Hold an M.A. in Psychology with a G.P.A. of 3.5 or above
- Complete the assessment sequence at the LIU Westchester Graduate Campus
Assessment Sequence (12 credits)
- SPC 721 A Individual Assessment: Cognitive I (Prerequisite: 704)
- SPC 721 B Individual Assessment: Cognitive II (Prerequisite: 721 A)
- SPC 722 A Individual Assessment: Personality I (Prerequisite: 704)
- SPC 722 B Individual Assessment: Personality II (Prerequisite: 722 A)
Individuals will only be endorsed for internship placement upon completion of each of these courses with a grade of B+ or better.