Online courses at Long Island University involve extensive interaction with technology that is supported by the Internet. In order to have the best possible online learning experience, your computer or laptop must meet certain minimum hardware and software requirements. Additionally, students must have course-specific hardware and software as indicated below.
Students are expected to be proficient and able to perform basic computer functions including e-mail, internet browsing, download/installation of software, word processing, file saving, file management, and backup.
PC/Mac Hardware Requirements:
- 1GB of RAM
- 20 GB of Available Hard Disk Space
- Broadband Access (Cable Modem/DSL)
Required Software for all courses:
- Microsoft Office 2007 or greater (including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Acrobat Reader (to read .PDF documents) - Free Download
Required Plug-ins for all courses:
- Adobe Flash Player - Free Download
- Firefox Browser (PC/Mac) 4.0 or greater - Free Download
- iPhone, iPad, Android phone?
Prospective students with questions or concerns regarding these computer requirements should speak with the Program Director before applying to the program.