- Holders of the baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university are eligible to apply for admission. The program specializations in Pharmaceutics usually require an undergraduate degree in pharmacy, chemistry, biology or a related science specialty. Certain courses in these programs have specific undergraduate prerequisites.
- The applicant must have an acceptable record in undergraduate studies (preferably a "B" average or better) as reflected in official transcripts of all colleges and universities attended. Attention is given to overall grade averages, grade trends during undergraduate study and areas of scholastic strength. Consideration is also given to professional accomplishments of the applicant since the time of completion of undergraduate studies.
The applicant must forward the following to the Office of Admissions:
- A completed Long Island University Online Application for Admission.
- Application fee (non-refundable) of $30.00.
- A copy of official transcripts of all colleges and universities attended.
- Three completed letters of recommendation.
- Graduate Record Examination (GRE) Scores*
*The graduate Record Examination is required of applicants to the Ph.D. program, and recommended for applicants to the Master of Science programs. For information on GRE, contact the GRE Board in Princeton, New Jersey 08541-6000 www.gre.org.
All applications and correspondence pertaining to admission to the pharmacy program should be addressed to:
Office of Admissions
1 University Plaza
Brooklyn, NY 11201-5372
Telephone: (718) 488-1011