The Teaching Residency
Across a variety of professions, residencies have long bridged the gap between theory and practice. Now, LIU Hudson has introduced a paid Teaching Residency to help its best and brightest transition from novice to full-fledged professional.
In conjunction with local school districts, LIU Hudson offers a limited number of paid appointments to be awarded on a competitive basis. The Teaching Residency offers LIU Hudson master’s degree students a one-year combined Student Teaching/Teaching Residency appointment.
Those qualifying for Teaching Residencies complete their student teaching requirements and residencies in the same school placement. Remaining coursework is completed during the residency period.
Teaching Residents benefit from:
- the mentoring, supervision and support of a school based cooperating teacher and a University based field advisor
- clinically rich experiences spanning the school year
- seminars providing numerous networking opportunities
- an insider’s perspective on school culture and philosophy
- career readying on-site experiences working with teachers and administrators
- a resume building paid teaching position
For information or to set up and individual appointment with a program director please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org