Contact Us

For International Students

LIU Riverhead is located on the eastern end of Long Island, in New York State, about two hours east of New York City. You may find detailed information about our academic programs by selecting your student status from the navigation bar on the left side of this page (undergraduate, graduate or visiting students) and by clicking on the Academic Programs button. We follow the international admission policies of Long Island University’s C.W. Post Campus which are outlined on the website at The Riverhead location does not have residential facilities. Apartments are available for rent in towns and villages surrounding the campus.

You may submit an Application for International Admission using the Long Island University Online Application for Admission, or by downloading a copy of the paper application (selecting the degree program you are applying for) and mailing it to the Office of Admissions:

Office of Admissions
LIU Riverhead
121 Speonk-Riverhead Road – LIU Bldg.
Riverhead, New York 11901 USA

The Application for Admission and the following supporting documents should be submitted to the Office of Admissions by June 1 for September admission or by November 15 for January admission.

  • Official records of all post-secondary education must be translated by an approved organization such as World Education Services (WES). You may purchase this translation by contacting WES, or telephone at 1-800-937-3895. Request a course-by-course translation with conversion of all grades into a U.S.4- point scale with U.S. degree equivalencies. This translation must be received by the Office of Admissions in an envelope sealed by WES.
  • Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or International English Language Testing System (IELTS) results
  • Statement of field of interest or intended major subject
  • Letters of recommendation and/or other documentation required for specific programs as outlined in departmental admissions requirements.

Immigration Requirements

As an international student, you must complete an application for a Form I-20. The I-20 document is what you need to apply for an F-1 (student) visa, and you must have a student visa in order to enter the United States and pursue studies at LIU Riverhead. Such applicants will be required to submit a Financial Affidavit of Support showing that the student or sponsor is willing and able to undertake the approximated costs of education and living expenses. Upon acceptance, and after receipt of a tuition deposit, eligible students are sent a “Certificate of Eligibility for Nonimmigrant (F-1) Student Status” (also called a Form I-20). This form may be used to apply for an F-1 entrance visa to the U.S. issued by American Embassies abroad.

Please contact the Office of Admissions at 631-287-8010 or e-mail for further assistance.