CCR employs a we-run-it-ourselves way of doing things. Members share responsibility in curriculum planning, subject selection, and class presentations.
Each semester’s curriculum consists of whatever subjects the members choose; it changes from semester to semester. The subjects cover a wide variety of topics.
Here are the Fall 2016 courses for which the members voted:
- An “Investigative Journalism” Movie Series
- Books That Shaped America
- Inventions That Have Changed the World
- The History of Anti-Semitism: Lessons Learned?
- The Mysterious World of Sherlock Holmes
- The Smithsonian Institution and The Library of Congress
- Personalities of Country Music
- Migration and Immigration Through History
- Presidential Elections
Miscellaneous “potpourri” topics (one class session each), guest speakers, and current events roundtables will be included in the program, as well.