The application process for admission to Global College provides the candidate with the opportunity to share information that goes beyond the standard process of reviewing transcripts and test scores that occurs at other universities. All applications are judged on their own merit. Clear evidence of the ability and readiness to carry out university level work is expected, with primary emphasis placed on personal qualities of maturity, motivation, initiative and independence, rather than on standardized test scores or solely school grades.
Minimum Requirements for Admission:
Applicants for LIU Global should have a minimum 2.50 GPA to be considered for admission. Students who do not meet this requirement may be considered on a case-by-case basis dependent on supplementary materials (i.e. test scores, essays, personal interviews).
- Freshman Application (high school seniors or applicants with fewer than 24 college credits. GLOBAL is pre selected for you on the drop down menu item “Interested Campus”)
- The Common Application (applicants will complete LIU Brooklyn Campus app and indicate “Global Studies” on the supplemental form)
- Tips on Completing the Common Application for Global College
- Create an account & profile
- Complete all fields on the application and hit "SUBMIT"
- Ask two teachers (or one teacher and another non-relative who knows you well) to complete the teacher evaluation form
- Pay the application fee online
- Submit the supplemental essay (prompt provided below) with all other application materials
- Transfer Application (applicants with between 24 and 64 credits)
- Visiting Student Application (applicants wishing to study abroad with Global College for one semester or one year)
In addition to the application form, all students must submit the following:
Additional documents that may be requested:
- Official copies of your ACT, SAT or AP scores. ACT code: 2747; Collegeboard code: 2248
- An official copy of TOEFL iBT or IELTS, if English is not your native language
- Official CLEP score reports or Official University Transcripts, if applicable
Note: candidates are encouraged to submit a "complete" package with application, fees, transcripts, and all other documentation listed at one time.
We accept students on a rolling basis throughout the year.
For questions regarding the application process, contact an admissions counselor at email@example.com or 718-488-1011.
Stay connected and follow us around the world on Facebook, YouTube, and Instagram.