In order to facilitate the contracting process at LIU, the Office of the University Counsel has developed several standard contracts that can be used for your contracting needs. Contracts have been created for use with clinical affiliations, construction projects, purchases of goods and service, performance agreements, professional services and IT software purchases. Use of these standard contracts is strongly encouraged because they protect the University's interests and can be reviewed and approved more quickly than a contract supplied by the vendor.
Whenever using a standard LIU contract, the requisitioning department must obtain the vendors signature, attach a completed and signed Contract Check List Approval Page (CAP) Form F1021, and forward to the Office of University Counsel. This form incorporates all pertinent contract provisions required by the University, and the authorized signature certifies that the contract has been properly reviewed by the department before it is sent for review by University Counsel. This form incorporates all pertinent contract provisions required by the University, and the authorized signature certifies that the contract has been properly reviewed by the department before it is sent for review by University Counsel.
For additional information and guidance on University contracts please refer to Policy No. 1010 Contract Development, Review and Approval, Policy No.1300 Bids, Quotes and RFPs, Form F1313 Bid Matrix and Contract Guide.
1. Initiating department completes two copies of appropriate LIU contract template or contract drafted by vendor. Including a completed "Specification of Services," or "Scope of Work."
a. The following documents must be completed, where applicable, to create the Contract Packet:
2. Complete contract packet is sent to Legal for the following review:
3. After review, Legal either:
4. Approved contract is forwarded to the VP for Finance and Treasurer, Provost or President for signature. See flow chart for signature authority.
5. VP for Finance signs both copies of contract and forwards it to Campus Financial Services (CFS).
6. CFS reviews contract to verify execution by both parties:
7. Upon budget approval, CFS or the Controller's Office forwards the contract packet to PSS.
8. PSS enters the purchase order requisition into PeopleSoft as an internal PO for payment purposes and;